Mid-Atlantic Regional Planning Body
Ecologically Rich Areas Workshop
May 19, 2017
8:45 am- 4:30 pm
St. Jones National Estuarine Research Reserve
818 Kitts Hummock Rd.
Dover, DE 19901
Public Skype access: (8:40- 11:30 am)
Note: For participants joining via Skype, please test the link in advance to ensure your system can connect. For technical support during the meeting, please call the Reserve at
(302) 739-6377, and ask for Kim Cole.
- Enhance understanding of ongoing work to develop data products characterizing the components of ecological richness (i.e. high productivity, high biodiversity, high species abundance, vulnerable and rare resources) and types of ecologically rich areas (ERAs).
- Obtain stakeholder input onthe opportunities and challenges associated with identifying ERAs.
- Review efforts to collect expert input that will guide ERA data development and solicit ideas for obtaining additional stakeholder and expert input.
- Obtain stakeholder input on criteria the Mid-Atlantic Regional Planning Body could use for selecting a pilot ERA.
Workshop findings will be reported to the full RPB at the June 20 meeting in Silver Spring, MD.
- Agenda: Final ERA Workshop Agenda
- Mid-Atlantic Marine Life and Data Analysis Presentation (January 2016) http://midatlanticocean.org/video-presentations-from-the-jan-29-marco-ocean-data-forum-now-available-online/
- Link to Aug 2016 MDAT Workshop Summary report http://midatlanticocean.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/August-2016-ERA-Workshop-Summary-Report_Final.pdf
- Language in the Final Mid-Atlantic Regional Ocean Action Plan (inserted at end of the Agenda)